these are AMAZING and a staple in our house
Black Bean Burritos
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 onion (i use whichever i have on hand) diced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil (has higher smoke temp than other oils)
- 2 cans drained & rinsed Black Beans
- 1 can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1/4 c corn frozen
- cilantro, adjust to your preference
- 1 can Alymer Accents spicy red pepper
- 1 cup water
- tortilla wraps, I love Josephs low carb wraps
- 1 baby-bell light cheese or a cube of part-skim mozzarella
1. heat coconut oil on med. heat in pot, add garlic & onion, sauté until onion is translucent making sure the garlic is not burned.
2. add black beans
3. add 1 cup water and simmer until soft and reduced
4. use a hand-blender or a super fantastic mixer like the Vita-mix and blend what’s in pot.
5. back in pot and add diced tomatoes and Alymer accents, corn and cilantro and stir together
6.scoop on your flatbread and put in oven with park-skim or light babybell cheese cut up overtop. YUM!